Helpful Dental InformationHouston, TX
At Memorial Pediatric Dentistry, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Houston, TX patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our dental office at (281) 822-6600.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. David Tang, DDS, can provide your child with a variety of solutions that include a dental bridge and much more. All three methods allow for your child to eat and speak clearly, while also restoring your child’s smile. However, each procedure has distinct advantages that the other may not provide. To find out which procedure would work best for your child, call 281-822-6600.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Memorial Pediatric Dentistry, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Houston office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Memorial Pediatric Dentistry, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Houston
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
Proper dental hygiene in children is as important, if not more so, than adults. Kids' dental hygiene and health can determine many factors about their dental health in the future, such as gum health, teeth placement and oral hygiene. Without proper care, a child’s dental routine could cause issues for them later in life. One…
There are certain questions that are important to ask your child’s pediatric dentist to find out about their skill, experience and ability to keep your child comfortable while at the dentist. By learning more about your child’s pediatric dentist, you can calm any anxieties you or your child have before a visit. Every pediatric dentist asks…
According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, parents should take their children for their first visit to the pediatric dentist by the time they clock one. The dental appointments early in life are crucial for ensuring healthy teeth and proper oral development. It also allows the child to get acquainted with the pediatric dentist…
From the first appointment, a Pediatric Dentist keeps in mind a pacifier or thumb sucking habit and watches the way your child's teeth and jaw develop. According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, sucking generally only becomes a problem if it continues after the age of 3. It is normal for children to suck on…