Helpful Dental InformationHouston, TX
At Memorial Pediatric Dentistry, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Houston, TX patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our dental office at (281) 858-2135.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. David Tang, DDS, can provide your child with a variety of solutions that include a dental bridge and much more. All three methods allow for your child to eat and speak clearly, while also restoring your child’s smile. However, each procedure has distinct advantages that the other may not provide. To find out which procedure would work best for your child, call 281-858-2135.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Memorial Pediatric Dentistry, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Houston office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Memorial Pediatric Dentistry, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Houston
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
Proper dental hygiene in children is as important, if not more so, than adults. Kids' dental hygiene and health can determine many factors about their dental health in the future, such as gum health, teeth placement and oral hygiene. Without proper care, a child’s dental routine could cause issues for them later in life. One…
Your child needs pediatric dentistry services. Caring for their mouth, teeth and gums is critical at a young age. You work hard to keep cavities, plaque, tartar and other issues at bay. If you place a significant emphasis on your health, you should do the same for your young family members. If your child needs…
Thinking you should find a dentist for kids because you are currently experiencing difficulty when it comes to getting your kid to the dental office? As a parent, you know how difficult it can be to get your kid to willingly go to all of their dental appointments. You have probably tried everything you can…
Wondering if dental sealants for kids is really necessary? According to the American Dental Association, sealants have been shown to reduce the risk of decay by nearly 80% in molars. This is why many parents are choosing to have dental sealants placed on their children's teeth.Taking care of children's teeth is just as important as…