Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistHouston, TX
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist.
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere. Children will feel more comfortable in the waiting room and be at ease with David Tang, DDS chairside manner.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, David Tang, DDS strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, David Tang, DDS spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. David Tang, DDS can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together, parents and David Tang, DDS can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Houston
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
Are you wondering if your children need a kids dental specialist? Some children struggle with dental visits, so it may be useful to see a specialist who understands their needs.A kids dental specialist, also known as a pediatric dentist, participates in additional training to provide oral care services for children. A dentist who specializes in…
When you have little children, trips to the emergency room are common because their immune systems are not as developed, making them more susceptible to diseases, and the same applies to their oral care — especially if your child’s teeth are still growing — which means you should have an emergency pediatric dentist on speed…
According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentists (AAPD), parents should book dental appointments with a pediatric dentist for their children at least twice yearly, starting about six months, following the eruption of the first tooth. These two yearly dental appointments enable the pediatric dentist to watch the teeth development closely, examine any change in the…
When you think about it, parenting involves answering many questions and solving many issues. This is more difficult when it is your first time. You would wonder what baby swing to use, what pediatrician to visit, when to start a college fund, what to provide for breakfast and how to take care of his or…